You are searching about I Know A Heartache When I See One, today we will share with you article about I Know A Heartache When I See One was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic I Know A Heartache When I See One is useful to you.
Synthetic or Human Hair? Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Wig
The ancient Egyptians are said to have invented the wig before the 1600s. It doesn’t really matter who made them first; I’m glad the wig was made! Every woman/person who knows the heartache of a bad hair day appreciates the value of a good wig. Indeed, the wig has found a new meaning in the 21st century. They are trendy and help all types of people achieve the desired look conveniently. Wigs also help people maintain their natural hair well. Constant heat treatment and styling of natural hair is harmful. As a wig lover and wearer, I salute the evolution and prominence of this important beauty item. When looking to buy wigs online, you don’t have the privilege of touching and feeling. To this end, knowing how to judge quality and style is critical to making an informed decision. This comprehensive resource gives you the tools you need to order the most suitable wig that meets your needs.
What exactly is a wig?
According to the online dictionary, a wig is a covering made using real or artificial hair. The definition goes on to say that wigs are mainly used by court judges and barristers or people trying to hide baldness. Nowadays, wigs are popularly worn by women as a fashion statement. With or without hair, many people will wear stylish wigs to look updated and well-groomed. Wigs also have cultural connotations where celebrities build their brand and persona around a particular wig-enhanced look.
There are various types of wigs available in the market
Wigs are made using synthetic hair, human hair or a mixture of human and animal hair. Sheep, Agora rabbits, and horses are some of the common sources of animal hair used to make wigs.
Wigs made using synthetic hair
Synthetic wigs are made using man-made hair. Some of the common materials used to make them include nylon and acrylic fibers. Synthetic hair technology has really improved making some of the best looking synthetic wigs on the market. In fact, some man-made hair wigs are indistinguishable from human or natural hair wigs. There are many advantages to choosing a synthetic wig as highlighted below;
– Good quality looks very real and natural
– They are more affordable compared to natural hair or human hair wigs
– Synthetic alternatives will not cause the problem of frizz, which is common with human hair types
– These wigs will retain their style even after washing
– You can choose different styles and designs from the market as per your wish
– Overall, they are easy to maintain
– Synthetic wigs come pre-styled and you cannot alter or change the style as per your wish
– Synthetic wigs have a lifespan of no less than 6 months – however this will depend on the brand
Wigs made using human hair
Human hair wigs give you the comfort of knowing you are wearing real hair. As mentioned above, human hair can be mixed with real animal hair to create hybrids. This type of wig comes with a set of pros and cons as given below;
– Styling can be done for your pleasure. You can color, perm and style just like your real hair. So, you need a good stylist to make your human hair wig look great
– Due to the versatility of textures, you can achieve a wig that is very close to your natural hair texture.
– These wigs will last longer than their synthetic counterparts. A daily wearer of such a wig can last a year or more
– These wigs look and feel natural and can enhance your overall look and confidence
– They are often more expensive
– Maintaining them can be more expensive than maintaining your real hair
– Wigs and styling in it can’t withstand the elements and will definitely react dry and stuck
– They fade faster and are more sensitive to heat and styling tools
– They require work and time to style – Also, they are heavier than synthetic wigs
How do you choose the best type of wig to buy?
When it comes to wigs, there is no one size or type that fits all. You buy what is tailored to your needs. The following factors will determine whether you buy a human hair wig or a synthetic hair wig. Remember that there are synthetic hair wigs that are heat friendly.
1. How much are you willing to spend?
If you’re a penny-pincher, synthetic wigs are made for you. Not only are they more affordable, they also come in better quality and look very natural. If you don’t mind digging deep into your pocket, you can opt for a human hair wig.
2. What are your hairstyle preferences?
If you’re the type of person who thrives on changing the look of their hair every day, you need a versatile wig that can be styled however you like. In this regard, human hair wigs are flexible and can allow you to color, heat-style and achieve the look you want. If you choose a heat friendly synthetic wig, this is a good choice; However, due to styling, they only last for more than 4 months.
3. Do you wear a wig every day?
Wearing wigs every day, no matter what type they are. Therefore, you need a wig that lasts longer and is more durable. For this, a human hair wig will really help you. You can wear it for up to a year. You can also opt for synthetic wigs which are more pocket friendly. Investing in two or three can help you extend the life of each wig. It can also give you style options to break up the monotony.
A guide to buying a wig that fits perfectly
Once you have a general idea of what kind of wig you want, it’s time to look at the details. Factors such as head shape, hat type, color and style will come into play.
– How to determine your head shape for the perfect wig fit
Wigs should fit perfectly and just like your clothes and shoes, you need to know your shape. In general, there are three wig sizes which are; Small, medium and large. Most women fall under the average head cap. In this regard, the market is flooded with more style options. The next popular category of wig sizes is petite where women wear short cap wigs. Some women wear oversized hats. Using a measuring tape, measure the circumference of your head from the forehead and around the hairline. You can also use elastic cloth to determine the measurements. If your head circumference results are 20.5 to 21.5 inches, you are a small hat size. 21.5 to 22.5 inches would represent an average head cap or size. A large cap comes between 22.5 and 23.5 inches. Many wigs come with adjustment straps to help you fit accordingly.
– Consider the cap type for the ideal wig
Cap types play a role in enhancing the overall look and feel of the wig. There are four basic types as mentioned below;
1. Classic Capless Wigs – They are capless and allow the hair to breathe better. They represent rows of connected hairlines.
2. Monofilament Cap Wig – Hair is placed individually on a transparent mesh cap. It gives an excellent natural look. They are more expensive than classic wigs.
3. Hand Tied Cap Wig – This is an upgrade to the monofilament cap wig. It has a hand tied construction where the hair is woven over the lace fabric for a better natural look.
4. Lace Front Cap Wig – With a lace front, all of the above wig types can be extended. Hair is sown on very fine laces around the hairstyle. This way, your wig can be pulled back to achieve a very natural look.
– Choose your preferred wig style
Short, chin length, medium length and long hairstyles, there are all kinds of wig styles to choose from. Be creative and choose the one you like the most. After choosing the desired style, consider the colors available for the particular piece. Again, this is an opportunity to do what works for you. Some styling experts may recommend a specific color and wig style for your head but really, you should use your personal taste to get the one you want the most. If you prefer an expert opinion on head shapes and best styling methods, the following guide is for you.
How to choose the ideal wig for your face shape
There are seven major face shapes. All people will have unique shapes but these are common shapes that will help you choose the most flattering wig.
1. Oval face shape
This is a long looking face with a narrow jaw compared to the cheekbones. Most elements of size are proportional. Hence, this size can accommodate all types of wigs and hair styles.
2. Round face shape
Features of this face include a round hairstyle and a round chin. The widest part of the face will be the cheeks and ears. The best styles for this face shape include back swept short wigs or wigs slightly longer than chin length. Adding both fullness and height to the crown is key to achieving a great look.
3. Square face shape
This face has a very strong square jaw and square hairstyle. Wavy wigs suit this face shape well, adding softness and roundness. Layers are great when adding height to a crown. Curls and waves will add symmetry that will enhance your overall look.
4. Oblong or oblong face shape
This is a large face without much width. It may have a very high forehead and a narrow chin. Short and medium length wigs will reduce the length of the face. Side parts and layers are great for enhancing your look. With fuller sides, width will be added to your face.
5. Face shape of heart
This shape will have broad cheekbones and forehead with a narrow jaw line. The chin will often be short and soft. Some of the best useful wig styles include side parted styles, chin length and other long styles. The idea is to soften and narrow your chin while balancing it with your prominent cheekbones.
6. Diamond face shape
This face is considered to be an oval and heart-shaped cross. It has a narrow forehead and jaw line. The good thing about this size is that it can pull off most wig styles. Experiment with what looks best on you.
7. Pear face shape
This face has a round chin, narrow forehand and wide jaw. Styles that minimize the jawline will work best. Hair near the forehead and temples can form an oval shape. A very long and full style will increase the width of the jaw and you may want to avoid these wig styles.
Video about I Know A Heartache When I See One
You can see more content about I Know A Heartache When I See One on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about I Know A Heartache When I See One
If you have any questions about I Know A Heartache When I See One, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article I Know A Heartache When I See One was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article I Know A Heartache When I See One helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles I Know A Heartache When I See One
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords I Know A Heartache When I See One
I Know A Heartache When I See One
way I Know A Heartache When I See One
tutorial I Know A Heartache When I See One
I Know A Heartache When I See One free
#Synthetic #Human #Hair #Buying #Wig